Are you tired of searching for the remote to your TCL Roku TV? If yes, then you need to read this post because I am going to teach you (if you don’t know actually) how to connect TCL Roku TV to wifi without remote. To get the full benefits of a Roku TV, you should connect it to the Internet. Since The Roku TV is a high-definition streaming device that can be connected to a high-speed Internet connection through its Ethernet port in order to get the optimum advantage from this device. In this post, we will tell you how to connect TCL Roku TV to WiFi without using a remote. So, let’s now know how to set up Roku without remote.
- 1 Connecting Roku to WiFi Without Remote
- 2 How to Connect TCL Roku TV to WiFi without Remote
- 3 Frequently Asked Questions
- 4 Final Words
Connecting Roku to WiFi Without Remote
Before we go to a full explanation of connecting Roku to wifi without a remote, we will try to understand the process by seeing the images sequentially. Then let’s begin.
Okay. we will follow some steps to connect our TCL Roku TV to wifi without using any remote. So, let’s see the image sequentially so that you can understand.
1. Install and Set up Roku App on your Smartphone
2. Connect the wifi to the Roku app
3. Access Roku Remote
4. Check the Roku Remote
5. Now make the Settings using the Roku Digital Remote to connect the Wifi
6. Select the Wifi network and input the password
7. Connecting the new Network
Your phone has now successfully connected to the wifi and you are now ready to operate your Roku device to Wi-Fi without a remote.
This is how you can connect your TCL Roku TV to wifi without a remote. Now we will elaborate on the process in case you didn’t understand seeing the sequential images.
How to Connect TCL Roku TV to WiFi without Remote
Connecting your TCL Roku TV to wifi is really easy. Even if you are no expert in installing or setting it up, by following some steps you can connect the Roku TV to your home wifi. Every Roku TV user should know how to set up Roku without remote, in case of emergency it works. Roku App is a very convenient app for your TCL Roku tv. You can install this app from the App Store for iOS devices or Google Play Store for Android.
Remember carefully that some wireless routers have more than one network. Well, suppose you have 2.4 GHz and 5.0 GHz networks, in that case, your TCL Roku TV might not be able to discover both of the networks. Actually, that depends on the model you are using.
While you are going to connect your Roku device to wifi and if the wifi is not discovered, what you need to do is restart your router. This could be the fastest solution.
However, without further ado, why don’t we proceed with the methods?
Method #1: Using Mobile Hotspot
The first method we are going to show you to connect efficiently to your TCL Roku TV to wifi without using any remote is using the mobile hotspot of your smartphone. All people might not have an installed router in their home, so this method is so great for them. Without a remote, operating a TV without a remote is really hopeless but know this, there are solutions too.
It is important to know how to connect Roku to wifi hotspot. Establishing a network by using a mobile hotspot is really easy. You can try this first. We hope it won’t be a problem. So, do you know how to set up a mobile hotspot?
How to Setup a Mobile Hotspot?
In this method what you need to do is set up a mobile hotspot. Well, if you don’t know how to set up a mobile hotspot, you need to follow some steps:
- Access your phone and go to Settings.
- Select Mobile Hotspot.
- Now enter the Wi-Fi name selecting the security mode to WPA2 PSK.
- Make the changes saved and activate your wireless network.
If you have been able to do those simple steps accurately, you should have an accessible wireless network. This is how you can connect wifi to your Roku TV without using a remote.
In case you are having problems establishing a wireless connection, you should check whether your network is strong enough to pair it up. However, after doing everything if you are still failed to connect wifi to your TCL Roku TV without a remote, you are highly recommended not to be disappointed yet because the next method could work. So still have hope.
Now, just follow some steps below to set up the Roku App. You can use this app like a digital remote provided by the manufacturers.
How to Setup the Roku App?
Once you have successfully connected the wifi to your Roku TV, it is high time you configured the actual digital remote. We hope you will get the benefits from the process.
You should know setting up TCL Roku App is not hard at all. Just make some settings and it is ready to go. Follow the instructions:
- Open the Roku App on your smartphone
- Tap on the Remote Icon on the screen
- Explore the Digital Remote
- Using the navigation buttons, connect to your Wireless Connection
- Now, simply input your Hotspot’s password carefully
- And, you are ready to go
The digital remote is the same as the hardware one. It will take some time to get accustomed to it. But believe me, this is a good habit that you will find it difficult to leave it later.
Method #2: Using Router Internet
While, in case, you are not satisfied with the first method, you can easily switch to this method. If you have a secure and strong internet connection, hopefully, you won’t stumble upon any difficulties during performing this method.
Before starting this job, make sure that your internet is fully functional. Now let’s proceed to the essential process of how to connect TCL TV to wifi without a remote. Let’s begin.
- Use the Digital Remote on your mobile screen
- Go to Settings
- Make a Scan for Networks
- Once the scan is completed, locate your Wireless Connection
- Input the Security Key and press Connect
- Your TCL Roku TV is now successfully connected to your Internet Network and you are ready to go.
Well, if you are able to do these simple tasks without any mistake, your Roku tv is now connected to the router in your household successfully.
- How to Change the Input on Vizio TV without a Remote
- How To Change Volume and Channel on Vizio TV Without Remote
- How To Connect Vizio Soundbar to Samsung TV?
- How to Connect Vizio TV to WiFi without Remote
How to Update the WiFi Settings on TCL TV without Remote?
You may need to update your wifi settings on TCL TV in order to connect your smartphone without any struggle. This can smoother the process. However, this process can be done by using your digital remote that is already on the screen. Well, you can do this job just by following some easy steps. Remember, to perform this procedure, you are using your Digital Remote that is already installed on your smartphone.
- Launch the Roku App on your smartphone
- Go to Settings
- Choose any new network you want to use
- Toggle off the Hotspot and connect it to your WiFi network
- Now, the new network is set with the update
With the right process, you can update the wifi settings on TCL TV without a remote. So, to get the job done, follow those steps carefully.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do I connect Roku to WIFI without remote?
Connecting roku to wifi without remote is a very easy process if you follow the steps properly. Go to Settings on your smartphone using Roku Digital Remote. Then turn on the Mobile Hotspot. Now click on ‘Set up Mobile Hotspot’. And then your Roku tv is connected to wifi and you can now use it without any hardware remote. Remember, this step can vary from different android models.
2. What do I do if I lost my TCL Roku remote?
If you have lost or damaged your Roku remote, you can still operate your TCL Roku TV. Just follow the steps:
1. Download the Roku app
2. Tap on the Digital Remote that is already on your smartphone screen
3. Go to Settings
4. Connect to the wifi
5. Complete the Remote setting
And now, the Digital Remote is ready to go.
3. How can I control my Samsung TV without the remote or WiFi?
There are also alternatives to control your Samsung TV without a remote or wifi. You just have to find the TV Controller Buttons that are located in the middle of the front portion of the Samsung TV. There are 5 buttons to operate your tv. Now, long press the center button known as a power button, and your tv will turn on. You can then operate other functionalities using other buttons.
4. How do I connect my LG Smart TV to WiFi without the remote?
Well, to connect your LG Smart TV to wifi without a remote, you will need a USB mouse. Connecting Roku to wifi without remote is easy. Actually, this method is one of the popular methods to operate LG TV without using any remote. To do this so, plug the mouse into the USB port located at the back of your TV. Press the small button on the center, the underside of your LG TV, right beneath the Logo, and toggle it to Input. You have successfully installed the mouse and you can run your LG Smart TV to wifi without a remote just by using a mouse.
5. Where are the buttons on my TCL Roku TV?
Most times, the Smart TV’s buttons are located at the backside of the TV. However, in terms of a TCL Roku TV, you will find the buttons hidden under the bottom of the TV in the center. The middle button allows you to turn the TV on. However, pressing the same button again will allow you to navigate through different settings.
6. How do I find my Roku IP address without WIFI or remote?
Finding your Roku IP address without using wifi or remote is also an easy task. Just follow the instructions:
– Go to Roku Main Menu
– Move down to the Settings
– Look out for the Networking Option
– Under the submenu, find About
– In the About section, you will find Roku’s IP address as well as other useful network information about your device.
Following these steps, you will find your Roku IP address without wifi or remote.
7. How do I reset my Roku WiFi without the remote?
Some users may find resetting Roku wifi without a remote difficult. They may not find the option in a flash. However, follow this instruction, and you can do the job in a second. To reset Roku TV without a remote, follow the steps:
– Locate the Reset Button on the back of the Roku TV
– Press it to start a Factory Reset / or you can use the Roku Remote App
Note: in case you don’t find the Reset Button or isn’t available on the Roku TV, press the Mute and Power Buttons together.
8. How do I connect my LG Smart TV to WiFi?
You can connect your LG Smart TV to Wifi following some steps. Just follow the below steps properly.
– First, press the SMART button on your LG remote and scroll until you find the Home Menu
– Go to Settings and click Ok.
– Select Network and then Wi-Fi Connection
– The LG TV will first attempt to connect to a wired network
Now, select your desired wifi network from the list of available networks.
9. Why my TV does not connect to WiFi?
Connecting Roku to wifi without remote is a very simple process that can make your TV connected to wifi.
You can follow the steps. Go to TV Menu >> Settings >> General >> Network>> Network Status>>Network Reset. Now, update the firmware on your tv to the newest version. To make sure that it is working properly, turn off all firewalls. If all is ok, go back to TV and try to connect to Wifi. Hope it will solve your problem.
10. How do I know if my TV has WiFi?
Well, if your Smart TV supports wifi, you can find it at the bottom of the screen on the base of the tv. However, you can also find it in your settings menu name network connections or wifi set up.
11. Can I replace my TCL Roku remote?
Well, technically you can. LOUTOC Replacement TCL ROKU TV Remote (RC280 RC282) is compatible with the TCL Roku Smart LED TVs. This remote has many features including Netflix, Sling, Hulu, and DirecTV Now. There are four shortcut buttons to navigate the menus. However, the remote requires no additional programming.
12. Does TCL Roku TV have remote finder?
Yes, you can have the feature in the new Roku Models. You can find use the remote finder on Roku in case it’s lost or misplaced. But unfortunately, the feature is not available on the older Roku devices. If you want to use this feature, your Roku streaming player must have a locator button on the top.
In conclusion, the process of connecting a Roku TV to WiFi without a remote is not as complicated as it seems. To do so, you need to follow a few steps. First, you need to download and install the software on your computer. Then, you need to connect the USB cable from your Roku TV to your computer. Finally, you need to go to the Settings section of your Roku TV and select the option that says “Connect to WiFi.” If you found this article on how to connect tcl roku tv to wifi without remote useful, we will be glad to help you.